Reflective report “Eat Beautiful Be Beautiful”
Obesity and unhealthy lifestyle among university students is a global issue. Its been a subject in many researches worldwide. We all should raise awareness about it and for that reason i decided my Final Major Project to be based on this issue in order to find a solution that might help people in the future.
By reading a lot of interesting articles/researches made me realized that the most common place students eat unhealthy food is at the University canteen.
The major factors that leads to the unhealthy lifestyle are:
- Healthy food is expensive.
- Cafeterias are lacking in providing healthy meals.
- There is no education around this aspect.
Step 2 (Process)
- In order to grab the attention of students about this issue I created a poster and hanged it in the canteen.
- I observed my fellow students from university during their lunch break so as to keep a record about the food they are choosing to eat and why. That helped me with the design of a journey map. Furthermore, I noticed that most of the food that our cafeteria is serving is mainly unhealthy food.
- I studied many campaigns that took place in schools and universities that the aim was the same, to pass the message of a healthy lifestyle.
- I did a survey among the students so as to find out what they think about the food that cafeteria offers and their views about healthy diet. However, I did not get as many replies as I expected, even though I posted it in a number of Facebook pages that are followed by the students from the university.
The reason of not having as many replies as i wished was due to that academic period has ended and most of them went for holidays. I have collected interesting insights though.
- I also created personas so as to communicate and summarize my research for the students I had observed and have replied to my survey.
Additionally I found out that the age group from 16 up to 30 years old cares more about their appearance at that period of their lifetime and thus I searched for the impacts a healthy diet has on someone appearance. I though that have in mind these information that were results of my research, will help me with the outcome of my final idea.
- Then i moved to the ideation process which was an awareness campaign that students could take part. Unfortunately that was not efficient as most of the students had left university so I decided to create an application.
I named the application “Be Beautiful Eat Beautiful”.
The aim is to motivate students to cook healthy meals and share recipes with other students of their university.
By using the application they will be able to find recipes on how to improve their skin, nails, hair, mouth health and vision and a competition among the universities will run each month so as to encourage students to cook healthy meals and post them in the application.
- Moreover, there will be an explanation of the benefits of an ingredient that will be included in recipes and nutritional information about each meal will be available.
In order to come out with a logo i did a brainstorming and I created a number of mockups so as to finalize the design of my application and website.
I have realized that i made an improvement on logo and website design but I needed more practice on the Adobe programs so as to work faster and save time.